I feel like there is lots to catch up on, the flu set me back in November! On November 14th I had my first shower for Parker! It was thrown my my Mom and Sister in Law, Nicole. Parker is so lucky, he received some wonderful gifts. let's just say we would be ready for him to arrive now! I have to take some pictures of his room, besides the glider, his room is ready.
Both of my Aunt Kathy's gave me gifts that were particularly special. Aunt Kathy Stemnock gave me a Korean zen bracelet with a prayer written in Hangul. It means so much to me when people address his Korean culture, in addition, I can use all of the zen I can get!
Aunt Kathy Persic gave me a Wedgewood baby set, that compliments the same pattern my Grandmother (Dad's mom) gave me. She passed away when I was three years old. My parents had just gotten the set out for me that weekend!
The shower was so memorable. I have a few pictures below, one that details the sweets table. Many of you know about my candy obsession.....
We had a great Thanksgiving with Jim's family! His parents had just gotten new hardwood floors, so there was a lack of furniture...but we had our Stella's, what more do you need. The beer and pie was well deserved, as Jim and I ran the Drumstick dash that morning. The race was 4.5 miles, through broadripple. I beat my time from last year by 10 mins! Our friends Jen and Brad ran with us and we all finished around the same time.
We got both Christmas trees put together so the house is almost ready! We have the Persic family Christmas the following weekend. Which means we will have a full house with my parents and Steve and Nicole, cannot wait! I will get some pictures of the trees and Parker's room.
Tomorrow ends my seven day work week (I was not thinking)...Jim and I have a date to Scholars Inn :) This may be one of our last evenings out for some time....I'll eat Thai food at home if we can have our guy! No news on the paperwork front...I run for the mail after work looking for our immigration approval.
I’ve Never Been Here Before {my book}
1 year ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment