Remember I said we were waiting 4-6 months before we could submit our formal application/paper work to Korea? Well that ended up being one month! This past month has been filled with what one calls a paperchase...I know, most people think how could it take months to complete paperwork...here's a small sample:
written biographies, physicals, tax documents, financial statements,criminal background checks (P got to visit the county jail with both of us!), TB tests (poor P...said "doctor owie arm"), references, employment verification,a home visit, adoption education....
As of today, our homestudy is being written by our local Social Worker, we and our agency in Michigan will edit and then it will be off to Korea.
I know, hurry up and get it done so we can...wait. However, with this wait each day gets us closer to our daughter.
Parker is aware a baby is coming home "someday", he has informed us Daddy will feed, hold, and put the baby to sleep. He said Mama could only give the baby a bath!
Tuesday, May 10, 2011
UPDATES
Posted by JimandJackie at 11:40 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
Yippee! So nice to have the first hurdle over! At least Parker is going to let you give the baby a bath! lol ;o)
So excited that you were able to start "waiting" sooner than expected!!! Can't wait for Parker to have a little sister...Maybe we'll have some little girl clothes you can borrow as we get closer everyday to bringing her home!!!!
SO HAPPY FOR YOU! Way to hurry up and wait! LOL Hopefully the wait will be short.
AHH! I can't believe your homestudy is being written already! Hoping it gets reviewed quickly and on it's way to Korea soon!!
Don't think I ever told you, I mailed the paperwork in the day after you sent the email out to us. Sorry!
Great job on the marathon. I obviously backed out. VEry proud of dad though (and obviously you!)! Thanks for the birthday card! Looking forward to seeing you guys in a few weeks! Nicole
Very exciting, you are moving right along. Yay!
yay!!! i hope everything else comes faster than expected, too!!!
So happy that you get started sooner than later. Hopefully you will get a referral soon!
Post a Comment