Since next week marks THREE months home with Parker and I got a good laugh out of some cultural comments with my stylist last week. I thought I would share some funny comments I have gotten from randoms...seriously, I am over being offended, just laugh to myself and try to educate when I can.
From the librarian: He looks like that chef, you know the one on TV?
In my head: Who Masharu Morimoto, Ming Tsai, Yan can Cook, Bobby Flay?? I think he looks like a baby?
From many: Is he having trouble with English?
In my head: Why yes, he is having difficulty with ALL languages since he is ONE!
From many store clerks: Boy he looks tired...
In my head: Maybe his eyes look different than yours..he's wide awake!
From a few people: So is he from North Korea?
In my head: Yes, and we had a lovely trip to NORTH Korea....
From a nosy JLI member who overheard me talking about one of my baby showers: I did not think you had a shower for an adoption!
In my head and out loud: Unfortunately, he did not arrive from Korea with a complete nursery.

10 comments:
LOL! Good ones!
DH wears glasses. A long time ago, I guess he was talking about his bad vision, etc., and a girl actually asked him if the shape/size of his eyes were part of the problem!
Thanks for sharing...I'll have to watch out for those. I needed a laugh today.
I actually had another teacher ask me if I would involve our future son in the "english language learner" program in our school district since he will only know Korean when we bring him home :)
Loved the laugh!
The comments are cracking me up, keep them coming!
Loved the one about the language...LOL yeah cause 1 year olds are totally proficient in languages...
OMG I can't believe he's been home 3 months!! How time flies!!
Ah ha ha! People are so weird sometimes. I love the English comment. Seriously...
Those are great. Here's one. Once DH and I were at the movies and got in line to get popcorn. DH was standing close behind me and the concession worker said very firmly, "Sir, I'll be with you in a moment." I said we are together and DH said something like. "Since I'm paying you might want me to stay right here."
People are so inappropriate and weird!
Too funny....glad to know we aren't the only ones getting weird comments....my personal favorite that we have gotten.."are you going to tell him when he gets older that he is adopted?"!!! I mean really?!!!
lol! These all crack me up! I especially love the "are you going to tell him he's adopted?" comment! Um...I think he'll be able to figure that one out!! I swear people just talk without thinking!
Post a Comment