We are fortunate to live in an area that is large enough to have an organization for Korean Adoptees. The group is called Korean Focus Indiana and we attended our first event this weekend, a picnic at Eagle Creek park. There were quite a few families there, some who had just gotten referrals and some with teenagers. I think Parker was the newest addition to the group, he did great and even posed for a picture with the other children. (One of the little girls, whose family we met as we began the adoption process, held his hand to keep him in place.) Out of respect for the other families' privacy I will not post any pictures. In addition to the typical burgers, a couple from the local Korean church came to cook some bulgogi, how wonderful! I don't eat meat but Jim went back for seconds!
Parker was decent at mass, he will yell out "bababa" at quiet moments...not sure what that means. He went for his third haircut, he sat by himself-sans sucker! He looks so handsome. We told him we would go see the baby animals at Conner Prairie and since it was rainy, we were the only ones in the barn. A baby goat ran up to greet him and attempted to eat the bugaboo! Parker's eyes were huge and he lunged at the goat. He was so excited to see the cows, pigs, and lambs. I am sure he thought they were all dogs.
Today we tried a Kindermusik class, he seemed shy, but loved shaking the little eggs to the beat. At the end of the class he just lay on the ground and looked up at me like enough already. I attempted to run in some sort of monsoon today...5 days.
I need a mantra, past have included-pain is temporary, pride is forever-bragging rights for life (full marathon)-I'm thinking this year needs to revolve around ice cream :)
I’ve Never Been Here Before {my book}
1 year ago

3 comments:
Wow, how cool that you have such a big group of adoptive families near by! Christopher is taking Kindermusik classes now and loving it!! He is actually in the 18mo - 3yr old class (because he has the energy to run around with them). I love it too because he sleeps like a champ that night! Parker is just so cute! He looks like an old pro at the barber!
What a great weekend! I am so happy that Parker tried Kindermusik! I actually used to be a certified teacher and would love for Kyle to take the classes.
What a fun weekend!
Post a Comment