Monday, January 2, 2012

Christmas



Parker really got into the holiday spirit! We drove to my parent's house on Christmas Eve and he talked non-stop about Santa and the trains he wanted. We went to 5:30 mass and then continued our tradition of pizza and games.
Putting out reindeer food after church
We put out the presents after he went to bed. My brother and sister and law spent the night, even though they live close. It was so much fun, I heard my brother (who is 30) up at 5:30am yelling "Santa came" So there were six adults waiting for Parker to get up. My brother and I shook bells at his door until he did!
major bed head
He looks so out of it, we kept shoving more presents at him. No, the beer is not his. It was in Jim's stocking (my parents live in the same town at 3 Floyd's brewery)
Evie got the Asian bitty baby, and Parker said "Oh, looks like my sister"
Nicole with her beautiful new emerald necklace
Look how talented Nicole is, she found this craft on pinterest and made it for my mom
Parker got a bunch of take and go sets, he was thrilled
Later that day my Dad's family came over and we had an amazing meal (which is always the case with the Persic's) It was a wonderful day. My parent's always did a great job of making Christmas magical for us as children. I love that it continues and that we all get to share in Parker's joy. I'll be honest it is still pretty magical as an adult!
The Wednesday after we had Jim's family over to celebrate. I did not get many pictures, as we were hosting. We tend to a nontraditional theme since most of us have had a few holiday meals by that time. We had Mexican: taco bar, roasted veggie enchiladas, sopapilla cheesecake...it was great!


0 comments: