Finally, it is 2012...since this is the year Evelyn will come home it is starting to feel real and in reach.
We rang in the New Year at a friends, they threw a kid friendly party and we counted down to 8:30! It was great to be with friends, enjoy key lime martinis and not be tired the next day. I had to work (I switched holidays, thinking on memorial day we would be in China...doubtful) which means I don't work a holiday until Christmas 2013...wow.
For this year I plan to get more sleep (I stay up too late in the evenings, when the house is quiet and calm) and to make better use of my time. Pinterest, facebook, Rumor Queen (Adopting from China message board) all kill my time! I posted last year about finishing some house projects...not done. In fact, we have had a tile backsplash sitting around for a year and a half. We are going to have to look into hiring someone to do this! We both need to save vacation time for Mexico and China.
Jim started painting Evelyn's room today, it was almost frightening how many things I had bought and thrown in there.
This is also an important start to the year, Evelyn turns 1! Our agency made it possible for her to have a cake at the orphanage and I hope we get pictures. We are going to celebrate this week.
Happy New Year!
I’ve Never Been Here Before {my book}
1 year ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment