Sunday, June 3, 2012

After 91 long days we can finally say....

Friday was turning into a dark day...I was at Costco, shopping for the Korean Focus picnic. My China facebook was blowing up with LOA's...I counted 15.

I knew my agency had got their DHL shipment and it contained 10 LOA's...I was told mine was not included...and they closed for the weekend. So I went to work, in a grump mood. Luckily some drug reps had stopped by so I had a cookie and then a bagel.

I was talking with my co-workers around 7PM, I saw an email from our agency with LOA..YES YOU GOT IT. In BIG shouty capitals.

When our dossier went to China I had bought our celebratory bottle of Moet...and Saturday we cracked it out. This is the final step we needed...they approve us to be her parents.

 He had apple juice...

CHEERS!


Everyone keeps asking...what's next...


1. Adoption agency files I-800 Application with supporting documents
2. I-800 approved, Provisional Approval Notice sent to family in the mail
3. I-800 approval forwarded to the National Visa Center
4. NVC forwards approval information to U.S. Consulate in Guangzhou
5. U.S. Consulate in Guangzhou sign off Article Letter 5
6. Article Letter 5 sent to CCWA
7. CCAA issue Notice of Travel (TA)
8. Secure Consulate appointment date (CA)

Most families are seeing this process Take 2 months...a few in even less time.

We are ecstatic to be at this point and have quite a few things to get ready...we need visas, have to prepare travel, immigration documents, trust me we will be busy. And I need to wade through the mountains of clothes I have bought for Evelyn and decide what to pack!














7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hooray - moving forward!
Love,
Aunt Kathy

Jaclyn said...

Congrats on this step in the process!! You are almost there!!

T said...

Congratulations!!! You'll be leaving on a jet plane before you know it!

Pam said...

YEAH!!!! I am soooo happy for you! I can't wait to see that beautiful Evelyn in your arms!

momlady said...

Wonderful news!

Dizzy said...

Fabulous news and a great champangne moment!! Enjoy choosing Evelyns outfits in the final rush before you travel to have her in your arms:))

JaM said...

SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!

Hope those next steps fly by so you can be flying!!!