Saturday, February 13, 2010

Good with the bad

I know that my last post made it seem that things were almost perfect, ie. sleeping through the night, and napping. I want to express that attachment is not a quick process and there will still be difficult moments. Last night we had the same temperament we saw in Seoul. he was inconsolable and refused to let us put him down. I realize that biological babies will have difficult nights as well, but wanted to make sure I was being honest as to what we are going through.

3 comments:

The Broad Ripple Seven said...

Your honesty is awesome...and sometimes all babies are,well, awful. :)
Patrick has had us up about 4 times a night the last week teething. Inconsolable. And he is our FIFTH child...you'd think it would be easy now. Hang in there.
love,
Cousin Emily

Karen said...

There will be good days and bad days (unfortunately), but as time goes on, those bad ones become fewer and fewer. We're all here when you need a (virtual) shoulder to cry on! He is soooo worth it! :o)

Jarrod, Amy, Isaac, Caleb and Audrey said...

I know Caleb (our younger boy) showed that fighting temper even a month after being home. It would be sporadic, but WOW, mad at the world and especially us! Good news is those moments are usually short lived in the big picture. Glad all is well and that it sounds like the sleep issues are slowly resolving. Aren't naps great??? :)
Amy