Monday, February 15, 2010

Haircuts and carousels

This is Jim's last week away from work so we decided the haircut was in order. Well, five mins. in a race car and Parker Sang-tae has a "bowl" cut; poor guy! I am hoping there is a way to add some element of style to it. I doubt we will return to the kids cuttery, as the cuts looks bad and they were not that wonderful with children. Parker did fine with the cut and surprisingly did not cry. This was not his first haircut, as FM trimmed his hair due to the length. Normally, the Korean agency asks that they families do not cut the children's hair.
Since it was president's day the Indianapolis Children's Museum was free, and a perfect opportunity to get out of the house. The snow has continued and it is too cold for doing any activities outside with Parker. The colors and shapes of all the exhibits were very interesting to him and he was pointing at many things. We decided to try the carousel, it is from an Indianapolis park, circa 1930's. I assumed we would sit on the bench style seating, but he kept pointing at the animals so we picked a tiger! He did great, no tears and even looked at Dad taking pictures. For the most part we kept him in the stroller and just walked around.
A BIG thanks to our dear friend, Kara, for bringing us dinner. It was wonderful to have a glass of wine and enjoy some company.
I am anxious for some better weather, I want to run and get in a steady training for the mini marathons.
Petting a donkey at the Egypt exhibit

An alligator

Riding the carousel, perfect choice since it is the year of Tiger!


Playing in a box that contained presents from Grandma, pre haircut

My first haircut in a car

7 comments:

mary leigh said...

awww. his hair looks cute!
And from the looks of Bates' latest picture, we will be due for a cut soon too! Luckily the girl who cuts mine was adopted from Korea!

Looking forward to our six flags adventure this summer!

Karen said...

Looks like he had a great time at the museum! I love that he got to sit in a car for his haircut...how cute!

Kimberly and Ed said...

Love the picture of Parker on the tiger and in the box:-)

Jen said...

It looks like you are enjoying your first weeks with Parker! I'm hoping that he will fall into a routine soon for you!

Cheryl said...

Jackie- as wierd as this sounds, we get J's hair cut at Great Clips down here! GC's has actually been the best in terms of "cute" haircuts. We got 1 done at Pigtails and Crewcuts, just for the pic and hair saving, but after that, I was gone from there. Hope this helps!

Jacqueline said...

Looks like he is doing really well! ;-)

Jarrod, Amy, Isaac, Caleb and Audrey said...

Hi Jackie!
Love seeing those new pics!
Glad that the haircut did not produce a freak out moment. :) I know what you mean about this weather...we can't wait for spring for many reasons. :)
Amy