Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Going Green

St. Patrick's day brought Parker a parade and a trip to the green canal. We met one of my sorority sisters and her two daughters downtown to watch the parade. It it crazy to me that Kim and I used to socialize at fraternity parties and now we are taking our kids on outings; but fun!

Parker pointed at every dog he saw, waved to the Indy 500 Princesses, and was thrilled to wear green beads and ate a green sugar cookie. I took the canal back to the car and he fell fast asleep!

My Mom arrived this afternoon to help with the birthday preparations. The biggest help is watching Parker so I can get the house clean.

I knew that I would become emotional before Parker's birthday and it has begun. i was watching 16 and Pregnant last night (yes, I still watch MTV, no plans to stop) and the girl made an open adoption plan. Watching the young couple as they struggled to make the best decision for their son was heartbreaking. Obviously, this got me thinking about Parker's birthmom. I wonder if she thinks about him? Did she get to hold him before he went into Holt's custody? Does she know he was going to be adopted internationally? Is she at peace with her decision? Will she ever access his file? I want nothing more for her to know he is loved and she will always have a place in my thoughts and prayers.

Some fun pictures from our day!


All it takes is one second, I turned around and he had hopped in

Fast asleep

I'm wearing green!


Kim and her cuties









1 comments:

Kimberly and Ed said...

Love the green shirt and beads:)