Monday, March 22, 2010

Hoot Owls

I am going to make quite a bold statement: I love this stay at home Mom gig! I publicly take back everything I said about staying home. Yes, I will be adding a bit of work into my schedule, but for the most part I will be home with Parker. It is interesting that Jim does not really believe in women staying home, he keeps saying as soon as our kids are in school you are going back full time.

We hit up our morning stroller fit class (so necessary after a weekend of CAKE!) Unfortunately, a naughty baby stole another baby's snack trap. (translation: a little cup that hold cheerios and puffs) I made Parker give it back after he realized he did have his own! We made our millionth visit to the Fishers Super Target, the customer service counter seriously knows us. We skipped any real shopping (SAHM's do give up their income...)

Since Jim was working late, we went to a HOOT OWLS (Husbands out of town or working late) dinner, which is women from the stroller fit class. It was kids night at the deli we went to, so Parker was given a kids meal (usually he just eats mine) and a magician gave him a balloon dog. he tried to eat it a few times, so that was short lived.

It was a good, but rainy Monday. The mini-marathon ticker on the blog is taunting me and I was not able to run outside...we were talking about marathon times at dinner. I have one in my mind but am set on finishing both mini's and just beating last years time. I do not think I am going to attempt another full marathon this fall but maybe another half in November. I cannot wait to see Parker at the finish line!

A few pictures from dinner...

Drinking cow's milk out of a cup!



Trying to eat a balloon

2 comments:

Sandra said...

It sounds fantastic!
I'm trying to talk my husband into letting me stay home, but so far no luck...

Karen said...

I love the HOOT OWLS concept--I wonder if we have one here. Sounds fun!