We are in the middle of another busy weekend, Jim trying to get things done on the basement and I have an extra shift tomorrow. I had a training run today and a baby shower. I have officially become the woman I despise...chiming in with "my son has that, Parker loves that, Parker is so cute....blah blah blah.
In honor of my handsome guy turning one and half I want to make sure I document where he is at, developmentally.
He can run...and loves to be chased. He does a great job of safely going up and down stairs. Supervised, of course.
He loves to tickle, he will come at you with his little hands scrunched and say ti, ti, ti, ti
At swimming lessons they count to three before they jump into the pool, so he holds up one finger and says one, da, da...I guess he is counting.
He will bargain for one more book at bedtime by holding up one more finger.
He has fallen in love with one of his blankets, and will look for it if it is not in his crib at bedtime.
He INSISTS on feeding himself, I will give him a spoon, and use one myself to feed him and he will wrestle it out of my hand and use both.
When he sees me start dinner, he knows it is time for the dogs to eat. He will get their dishes and stand by the dog where their food is kept. I will fill it and he will take them back, but then he gets upset when he cannot feed them a second time.
He would subsist entirely on fruit if we let him. The produce section causes trouble at the grocery store. He attempted to climb out of the cart for a pear.
He loves his toddler music, will dance, clap, and laugh. He will dance to Mom's Ipod too, he will come running if he hears music.
He is very affectionate and loves to give us kisses, he will say Baaa (that is Mwah) and will blow kisses saying it. Sometimes he goes out of control and will blow kisses at animals...ba, ba, ba over and over.
He loves to look at/read books, mostly ones about animals or other children.
When he cannot find something..he will shrug his little shoulders and say uh-uh?
His current list of words includes:
Daddy
Dog
Duck
Choochoo (trains)
Shoes (Dooess-is what it sounds like)
Uh-oh
Owiee
Up
Moo (cows, sounds like boooo)
Hi
baby
Bye-bye
Mommy (Bobby, he's only said it twice)
He will repeat things, but only when prompted...if we have pizza and he hears us say it, he will say ZZAA.
I’ve Never Been Here Before {my book}
1 year ago

7 comments:
Love Parker's new haircut:-) I cannot believe he is 18 months! He is doing so well - love that he bargains for you to read him one more book!
Wow! So big so quick! What a cutie :)
Such a handsome boy! He says so many words too!
Love the new haircut! Parker sounds like such a sweet boy. Don't blink- he'll be 2 before you know it!
awww, i love that he is such a little helper with the pups! happy 18 months!
I can't believe how fast our boys are growing! I love his new haircut too! I have to say, I laughed when I read that he called you Bobby....Christopher called me BOB for months!
hi jackie! my sister and i got that skirt from the jcrew outlet. i LOVE it! it's super comfy and versatile and has pockets! if you have a jcrew outlet near you, you might still be able to find one. i also saw similar ones at old navy the other day. good luck!
Post a Comment