It was inevitable, he was too sweet...the terrible two's have arrived. The librarian had to ask what was wrong, as we left craft time kicking and screaming, with real tears. Reason? He did not want to put the play-dough away. As we left it got worse because he was not able to take books from the friends of the library sale...we walked to the car bawling.
Despite the seat belt, he can turn in the grocery cart and grab items. They end up all over the floor...this week we broke a spaghetti squash.
Today we went for his 18 month pediatrician visit...they give us a sheet with what to expect at this ago. The highlights were tantrums, becoming a picky eater, and smacking parents (yes, he saw me spank the dog and thinks it is hysterical!) He burst into tears when the nurse came in and again when the doctor entered. I told the doctor that he hugged his ENT the day before...probably because there are no shots! He got a few more vaccinations today, including Hep A, since we plan to travel to third world countries. Sadly, Jim and I have never gotten this....probably should have before traveling to the Eastern world, due to their farming...oh, well we made it.
As for food, I cannot yet complain. He shocks me on what he will eat...lunch last week was broccoli, 1/2 a vegan corn dog (w/ Dijon mustard), and lentil soup! recently we had black bean pizza which he ate and another day butternut squash macaroni and cheese. I continue to make an effort to eat less processed foods, I am trying to get away from "bags and boxes". He loves soup over rice. I am going to start making a new soup each Sunday, the first one will be minestrone...I'll make Jim mini meat balls to add.
Our new favorite snack is plain greek yogurt mixed with 2 teaspoons of natural peanut butter (we are eating things with peanut butter but not a sandwich, we are clear on allergies but still worried about chocking!) We use this as a fruit dip for apples and strawberries...it is delicious.
We have a wedding reception this weekend, so my family will be in town! Parker will have his first night time sitter...
Here's some photos from today, don't let the sweet face fool you!
I’ve Never Been Here Before {my book}
1 year ago

9 comments:
wow! what a great eater he is! that last picture is adorable :)
Poor Parker, he looks like he had a rough day in the last photo! I can totally relate to the onset of the terrible twos... I think we woke up one morning and some switch had been flipped on our sweet little baby boy, and all of sudden he is a wild, defiant, house trashing whirling dervish! Lets hope this stage doesn't last too long! :o)
You are scaring me! I hope this phase passes quickly!
Don't worry, not every day is bad :) After being through this twice with our older two and once with my nephew I can say for certain that he will grow out of it! Keep being a great mom and some day it'll pay off :)
My child is 15 months and has already started tantrums! Hope it doesn't last much longer or get worse! Hope you have a better day tomorrow!
Ah the tantrums have started!! Sigh. We unfortunately know about this as well. And we've been hearing lots of "no" lately. Jae-min doesn't even listen to the question before saying no. Oh, these little buggers!!
All I can say who cares about the tantrums...I can't believe he eats all that...it's AMAZING...I wish I could get Chase to eat anything let alone all that great stuff!!! Good Job Mom! Hopefully, the tantrums will fade and he will not become a picky eater! BTW, have you tried timeouts yet? I started early with both Chase and Cooper(Cooper is still learning of course) but rarely does Chase ever actually get to timeout. It usually just takes the warning and the behavior stops...just some info for you!!! Did I mention he is super cute?? but of course you know that!!! Cant wait for our playdate sorry I had to cancel today but Im feeling better so hopefully it was just a 24 hr bug!! Hoep you had a great day!! Talk to you soon!
Well I guess Cooper was trying to be an "over-achiever"...tantrums started at 13 months!! But we hope "this too shall pass"!!!LOL
Parker is keeping you busy!!! I am impressed with the meals you are cooking for your family!
Post a Comment