Monday, September 13, 2010

My little MOPPETT








Today was my first MOPS meeting, I am very thankful I found this group. Why don't they tell every Mom about it?...hmmm maybe at the pediatrician. Not sure how they could disseminate the information-but needed. Our guest speak at the next meeting...SARA SNOW! I hope you do not have to ask who she is! (Jim did and we have watched her on TV...she's an Indy girl!) While the Mom's are at the meeting the kids attend age divided daycare rooms, hence Moppets. So if Parker had any trouble, I was right down the hall. He did not...was nice to the other children and played with a toy vacuum for a long time. (the room teacher asked me if he had one at home, well of course!) The is a diversity of Mom's (and kids) and one Mom even lived in Korea! I LOVE fellowship, I seriously thrive on it, so this is perfect.

I wanted to get his picture on his first day of Moppetts...he was not too thrilled and wanted to run around the front yard.
He must have played hard because he slept for 3 hours. That nap gave me plenty of time to pick up around the house and made me realize...I will have lived here 2 years this weekend. The only thing I have done to decorate is buy furniture and had a few rooms painted. Our house is "builder bare" they painted and that is about it. When I run, I am super nosy and look into the other homes..they have colors and things on their walls. Looking from the street that is. Since we are in the process of finishing the basement I am going to let it inspire me to some other projects.
I am listing them here, because if it is public I am more likely to follow through.
-Mosaic tile back splash in the kitchen (I bought the tile already)
-Wainscot the living room and dining room.
-Chair rail in the guest room and paint
-Create some canvas pictures of our Korea trip and a good family photo...hang
-Get some things to put on the walls.
-Find some rugs I love not just ones to throw on the wood
-hang the things I bought for Parker's room
So maybe I better start visiting some stores other than Baby G*p and Janie and J*ack!
Get ready for some before and after pictures!

4 comments:

Sandra said...

I am glad you found such a great group.
Sounds like you are like me when it comes to decorating (and looking in other people's homes). We've been in our home for a year and I've barely done anything. I did hang some pictures on existing nails LOL. I love your list of projects. After you are done at your house, you need to come to mine!

Carly Thomas said...

Love MOPS!! And I super jealous of you getting to see Sara Snow!!! PLEASE TAKE NOTES!!! We can have a Sara Snow debriefing!!!

Also, next wednesday we can do a late afternoon nap...3ish?? Does that work for you guys?? We could do a park or something...let me know!!!

Carly Thomas said...

I meant a late afternoon playdate...does around 3 work for you?

Joe and Shannon said...

Love the little sweater and outfit..so cute!! Hanging out with other moms is so fun.