Sunday, January 2, 2011

Welcome 2011

I spent the New Year's Eve and Day working, and besides working with some *interesting* cases it was not too bad. Jim and Parker were lucky to be invited our friend Jen's party. Her family hosted a child friendly NYE party (it began at 5:00pm), which was so great for Jim to get out, let Parker play, and enjoy some adult conversations.

Ringing in the New Year...
I love this time of year, I am a planner, I love goals and get excited about the future..
Which can be a weakness (I was talking about next years Holiday photo shoot on Dec. 26th) So I am going to keep it simple this year...
My focus for 2011...
Live in the present versus the future
Focus on need versus want
Practice acceptance and tolerance versus judgement
Continue to step out of my comfort zone
...and since I have a few things in mind that are in the scope of the above
*Complete house projects*Obtain my goal time at the Indy mini marathon*Run my second full marathon*complete on purposeful activity with Parker each day*allow myself quality alone time*ask for help*Try one new experiment in the kitchen each month*plan one completely fun family outing each month*give my husband the time he deserves*Continue to be the best daughter, wife, sister, mother, counselor, friend and Catholic I can*Get a chemical peel*feed my family less processed foods*Shed some Mommy guilt...


5 comments:

Kelli said...

Perhaps 2011 will be the year we actually meet. We live close enough to each other! And I see both our boys were in the Kindermusik newsletter- someday soon it will be face to face! Happy new year!

JaM said...

Good list of goals. ^_^ If you do take a trip to the HMart in Chicago. Let me know, we'd love to meet you there.

Elizabeth Frick said...

I *love* the things you're focusing on for the year! And can't wait to see you blow your goal marathon time out of the water! :)

Sandra said...

I may just use your list as mine too. With the exception of the chemical peel those are all things I should work on as well.

Kimberly and Ed said...

I really like your list. I also need to work on some of the things you listed!