Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Parker's First American Christmas

I can not say how or if Parker celebrated Christmas with his foster family. I know his foster parents were not Christian, but the children did attend a Christian school. I would say he got a fantastic introduction to the holiday. We made the trip to my parent's house Christmas eve, attended mass, and came home to our tradition of pizza.

A few years ago, my brother and I decided that burying yourself in presents is fun. So Parker joined us.
He too realized that it is fun!



Christmas morning, notice his PJ neck is a bit stretched. He loves to take off the top, although sometimes only and arm makes it through the top.


Throwing paper is fun!

The best gift for last, his kitchen! Every museum or play date we go to that has a kitchen captivates him for hours! His face lit up when my Dad took the sheet off. He came around and pretended to bring us coffee and played *alone* for over an hour!
Sorry the rest of Christmas is missing, we went over to my Aunt and Uncles...I left my camera. I am going to try to get pictures from someone else. He was the only child at the party but did really well.

The next morning, eating breakfast at the kitchen. I am a pretty regimented, schedule oriented person but holiday time...it's off..so live it up Parker, back to the table tomorrow.
Now this next part, I should not laugh but it was so dramatic...We are loading up the Saab...yes it is an SUV but we have a dog cage and other presents, and oh no the kitchen will not fit...
Parker see it carried out, he scream and cries, he sees it come in and realizes it is in two pieces. He shuts himself in Bailey's (my parent's dog) cage and cries hysterically saying "no" to leaving.
Yes, it was nap time, which made it worse ,but as we drove away his arms were out screaming for that kitchen! Little does he know, my parents will be here this weekend...with his kitchen.
I hope everyone had a great holiday season. I am ready to start a new year!




8 comments:

JaM said...

Looks like he had a great Christmas! The kitchen is a great gender neutral gift. Here's to 2011!

Karen said...

What a great Christmas! How cool that he contently played for an hour alone! Looks like a pretty cool kitchen, I would have liked to play with it too! :o)

Elizabeth Frick said...

That is a PILE of presents! What a sweet score for your cute little man :)
And awesome kitchen, Parker!

Grace said...

wow! parker scored! that is a sweet little kitchen :) and that story is too funny!

Kari said...

Was such a great feeling wasn't it! Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Jessica said...

Hi there,

We're in Bloomington and someone referred me to you over at the Holt Korea forum. I sent you a private message there, but I wasn't sure if you would be notified of receiving private messages. When you get a chance, could you please stop by the forum or send me an email at: jlp91326@yahoo.com

Thank you!

Kimberly and Ed said...

What a perfect first American Christmas! Love the pictures of Parker in the huge pile of presents:-)

Kelli said...

Looks like a great Christmas!!