Thursday, December 9, 2010

Holiday Happenings

We have been busy getting ready for our first family party this weekend...
Here is a recap of the past week:

Sampling Mom's baking and having a Starbucks* (don't worry it's hot chocolate with whole milk)
Going to church and a live nativity...sadly it was too cold to get out to see the camel

Went to see some ginger bread houses, they were a little fancier than our train



We invited this creeper into our home...before you say he's too young, it's s book, reading is never bad! and he loves finding the elf every morning. Not sure if it helps with his behavior (he escorted me out of the office this week, shut the door to be with Dad and laughed. I thought I had a few more years before he did that!)


We went to see "Mr. Christmas", a gentleman who has decorated the White House for the past 28 years. This same ornament is hanging at the White House.


Waiting for the Polar Express, see it in the background?

He wore his pjs and had so much fun, he kept asking for more when the train stopped



High five polar bear!


Mrs. Claus and Santa visited the train
Off for two days of work and then party with my family









7 comments:

Elizabeth Frick said...

So much festive fun!!!

Karen said...

The Polar Express in Pj's looks like a blast! Christopher is obsessed with trains lately! I love the elf too, and I don't think he's too young. It will be cool to look back and see that he has been visiting every Christmas since Parker came home!

JaM said...

That's an amazing gingerbread house!

Looks like you had a lot of fun on the train.

Kimberly and Ed said...

The Polar Express looks like a lot of fun! Love the picture of you two on the train:-)

Jaclyn said...

What a fun Christmas! And what a great blog and adorable family!

Sandra said...

You've been busy! I LOVE the train ride! Love it!

Kelli said...

So much holiday fun! I waited to long to try to get tickets for the polar express. Oh well, maybe next year!