Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Iced In

One year ago, to the day, I was visiting the DMZ and catching some views of North Korea...today we dealt with a round of freezing rain and are expecting more. Since there was no leaving the home this is what we did.

Shaving cream finger paint...

Parker had fun, but did not like the taste!

Baked a loaf of 5 minute bread, which means I heard "bite, bite, bite?"
Here is the recipe, seriously so simple..
Does anyone have this book? I think I may need to invest!
We attempted to pack for our trip, but Parker had other plans for the suitcase and its contents...
Round two tomorrow, Kindermusik is canceled and Baby Boot Camp...
This is going to make sunny Jamaica even sweeter.

7 comments:

Kari said...

Sounds like a great day....will have to try the bread recipe out!

Jaclyn said...

What a fun project and that bread looks delicious. Have a great trip!

Grace said...

ooh, that bread sounds awesome! and i love the shaving cream project! we use it at school to practice writing our letters and words and it also ends up cleaning the tables -- awesome! as long as you don't mind your classroom smelling like barbasol...;)

JaM said...

We also did shaving cream finger painting!

Kelli said...

It will definitely make the sun that much nicer! I can honestly say I am SO happy I missed all of that ice. It's been sunny and in the 80's eveyday. Enjoy you trip!!

The Carley's said...

Ooh I knew your gotcha day was coming up! What a year! Congrats to you all!

Kimberly and Ed said...

I remember stalking your blog and seeing your pictures of the DMZ. I cannot believe Parker has already been home one year!

What a great idea of using shaving cream & finger paint! I will have to use it at my next painting playdate with my adoptive mom's group!