Friday, March 23, 2012

Another Surprise!

As of March 1, there are going to be no more updates on Evelyn (from our agency/China) unless we pay for them. Around $80 for pictures and measurements. That made me a bit sad, but there was no guarantee we would get regular updates. I may ask for one closer to travel for updated measurements. It is no secret that international adoption is costly, so this seems like nothing. As I understand these updates are being outsourced, as it is costly and time consuming to have staff from the orphanage complete these updates.

We were so lucky to get photos of Evelyn from a delivery Love Without Boundaries made to her SWI. A group of Yangxi families sent donations and LWB purchased items the SWI needed, and our Evie was photographed at the drop off! I donated the money I would have spent sending her a care package she may have not gotten...and let's face it she's too younger to understand someone sending her something. I would rather the SWI have what they need.

The photos came to me by way of another Mom...how amazing!


On the right
COME ON LOA!

7 comments:

JaM said...

I'm glad you got these pictures. And I'm sorry to hear that now the cost of an update is being passed on to you.

Pam said...

She is so beautiful! So happy you received these new pictures!

Sara said...

Those cheeks are just so kissable! And I'm glad that her (and for sure the other baby's) head looks round in the back, that means they get the kids out of the cribs a lot!! Lots of stimulation!

Sandra said...

How wonderful that you got more pictures!

Dizzy said...

Wonderful you recieved new pictures. She is such a sweetie! Hoping for the process to go as quick as can be for you.

Christy said...

Oh so cute, so glad you got these pictures! Sorry about the no more updates without paying for them news, but praying for that LOA to come soon!!!

Kelli said...

What a sweetie! Glad you got some pictures. Bummer about paying for updates.