Wednesday, March 28, 2012

My 3 year old

We had a family party for Parker this weekend. I have no intention of friend parties until he can actually ask for one or name some children. He often makes the blanket statement "all of my friends" referring to those in moppets, daycare, playgroups etc. Sometimes he will name a few children, mostly girls!
My Mom and Nicole helped me make (well actually I think they did it all) ice cream cone cupcakes. The frosting wasn't as fluffy as I would like (Nicole told me you cannot put food coloring in, need to buy gel). So the frosting was my fault, but they were cute.

Ready to blow out his candles
I think all he ate was 2 cupcakes
Playing with one of his many fun toys. He opened his water table first and said "I want to play with that now" Did I mention 3 (well 2.5) brought on this demanding attitude. Jim says it reminds him of the scene in Wedding Crashers where Will Ferrell demands "Ma, the meatloaf"...we are working on manners,
Don't mind out stripped deck but this playhouse was a present from us. The next day he said "Mommy did you and Daddy buy me that play house for my birthday? Thank you so much!"
I told him he could try gum at age 3, he chewed a piece and did not like the spearmint. He asked for another piece that afternoon, and swallowed it. I told him he would have to wait until he got older. Ten minutes later he announced "Okay, I older".
He is sweet boy but he is strong willed and emotional. He speaks about being "so sad, so happy, and loving things so much." He is so grown up I completely forget what it is like to have a baby in the house...

2 comments:

Sandra said...

That toy house is awesome! And that attitude sounds familiar. Ugh.

JaM said...

Happy Birthday little man! Looks like he got a lot of fun toys. And the cupcakes look great! We started gum with ten chews and then spit it out. It reinforces the idea that they have to spit it out instead of eating it. (And we use gum as chewing therapy otherwise I would have waiting until older.)