I was sitting in my (former) office and my cell phone rang. It was the number for our social worker, we had just finished our home study two months ago, so I figured there was some paper needed. I had a few minutes before my next scheduled client, so I answered. She said, "If you are interested there is a little boy you have been matched with" WHAT? My co-workers heard me scream and rushed to the door. She told me she would send me the official referral and all of the documents she had on him.
I called Jim and asked him to call her back, there were so many thing I did not ask. Jim was in just as much shock (we thought we would wait 10 more months). I just assumed on the day I got a referral I would leave work early to go get the referral papers, look at pictures etc. But no, I headed in with the client and told myself-nothing just happened, get it together.
We waited another month for Parker to have a hearing test, when we got the good news we accepted his referral.
Look at this baby picture, I get tear in my eyes just thinking about it. Where did he go that day?, Did his birth mother hold him? Will she ever have any idea of what a darling, sweet, handsome boy he is? For whatever reason we were matched so early it turned out perfect. Adoptive parents always talk about the right fit, this was no exception. Parker we love you!
I’ve Never Been Here Before {my book}
1 year ago

11 comments:
Wow, it's WILD that your referral came so quickly!!! I love that you went into your meeting regardless of the big news :)
Wow. I got a little teary for a minute. What a neat story. Thanks for sharing.
awww :) Makes me think of our referral day!
one year ago... wow!
awwwww!!!!
Wow! That is so awesome that you have a baby picture of him! So precious!
Happy referral day! I love his baby picture. Such a sweet boy.
Thanks for sharing your story! Amazing how our children come to us the way they're supposed to regardless of our initial expectations :) What a beautiful little baby.
It's amazing how we'll never forget every minute of the day we saw our child's face for the first time!! Jae-min's referral also came sooner than expected, and what a great surprise it was. Parker is so adorable...then and now!!
Shannon (mom to Jae-min)
Hard to believe that was a year ago! I'm amazed you could hold it together in your meeting, I was a wreck!
:o)
Awww...love Parker's referral picture:-) Happy Referral Day!!!
What a sweet teeny tiny baby pic! I am very impressed you kept working- I ran out of school. Happy referral anniversary!
Post a Comment