What a week, it went by pretty fast since I worked almost 40 hours in addition to days home with Parker. Today I picked up a ten hour shift and when I came home Parker said "Oh no, you home...I don't like you" Later he told me he did not like it when Mommy went to work all of the time. After I got over his guilt trip, I explained that Mommy works so we can have fun vacations and so he can have trains. He said "Okay, I need so many engines" I did not dare tell him we had to pay for Evelyn's adoptions fees, he would dislike the idea even more!
Lent began this week and I must feel like torturing myself even more because I gave up shopping and facebook. I know, you think facebook, so? I have a group of adoptive Mom's I have connected with and they are a huge support. I plan to spend more time being productive in terms of things around the house, reflecting, and reading some books I bought years ago.
Not the best week to give up facebook, I got some news (adoption) that could be nothing or it could be a huge stressor.
My MOM's club had a big fundraiser planned for the library and I allowed myself one last shopping trip...see the cute dress below! I also found a hat and headbands for Ev, since she's not going to be wearing the many bows I have bought for some time! I showed Jim these and he said "Do I have to do her hair for daycare???" He will be fine, daycare is only one day per week!

4 comments:
What an adorable dress! And I hope your adoption news is, indeed, nothing to worry about.
Adorable dress!
Hope all is well adoption wise. Can you PM on the BBs?! I'd give you my phone number and email too.
Cute...
Just popping by to say I miss you friend. I have to say that being off FB is easier than I thought, but I do miss our little group. Hope the adoption news are not bad!
Post a Comment