Today we clock watched until our guide picked us up until 1:45 and we took a short ride over to the civil affairs office. I finally started to shake as we rode in the elevator. Our guide has us and another family sit on a row of couches as our children had not yet arrived. Our girl had a 3 plus hour drive, and had not been in a car since infancy. We heard babies screaming and saw one little guy bolt from his new family. It was chaos...finally we were told to go to the front of the room...then they walked her out. I picked her up and we walked back to the couches. A staff member from her SWI came over and answered questions. Most significant was the theme that she is stubborn. Also her name on her referral is Manderin, however her province is Cantonese...so her name is completely different.
She sat and are puffs and mums, you could tell she was hungry and in total shock. She is absolutely stunning , the pictures do not even capture her beauty. I am surprised at how well she can do certain things, despite being in an orphanage. She can pick up puffs, build stacking cups, and walk.
We stopped at the grocery store for formula but she has not drank much of her bottle. She ate quite a few things in the executive dining room, which I did not expect. We have had a few tears...I assume they will start this evening.
She is taking in her surroundings and is very inquisitive. She keeps making tiny little sighs like "what am I doing here"
We have an early morning tomorrow that will be filled with more official paperwork. Things are going as well as can be expected, in fact I dare say better. More tomorrow.

15 comments:
Jackie, I am so thrilled for you guys! What a blessing to be able to share in this journey with you from the other side of the world! Many many prayers for you all today and for the months to come!!!
She is absolutely beautiful! Glad to hear things are going as well as expected! So happy you have her in your arms!
SO HAPPY for you guys!! You getting Evelyn is making me relive getting Ava. Ava did great on her first night with us. It was her second night that was a disaster. Just be prepared. You got this!!
So happy for you guys! I'm sitting at work looking at your beautiful pictures and crying! Lots of hugs and prayers your way!
It is so good to see her in your arms. She is stunning. Thank you for sharing your journey...so happy for you!
Jackie...
She's beautiful! Congrats! I am so happy for the 4 of you.
Wishing you calm in these next few days...
If she doesn't want much of the bottle, offer it to her in a cup, sometimes they wean them early!
Enjoy learning to become a family!
-Kelly
She is so gorgeous, congrats Jim and Jackie! I hope the remainder of your trip goes smoothly, I remember K's transition and E's is the total opposite! Though I have to laugh, "stubborn" was the theme for K as well...actually, "obstinate" was the exact word K's foster mom used, LOL! Good luck and continued prayers for you all!
Congratulations and love to you all.
Aunt Kathy
Lots of love being sent your way from the Lutomski family. I'm all tears reading your words... What an amazing time for you all. Lots of love (did I say that already?) XO- Sarah
She is beautiful! Congratulations! Thanks for sharing the photos...looking forward to more!
Congrats on your beautiful little girl! If she is taking any bottle, I would say that's a success! She looks like a wonderful size for her age too.
Yeah..you have your baby girl!!!How great she is eating. Keeping you in my thoughts.
becki
Happy, happy family day. Congratulations! Thrilled you are finally holding your sweet, beautiful daughter!
Congrats! She is beautiful! I'm happy for you that your wait is finally over :)
Tara
Post a Comment