Our travel plans are set, we leave in a few days. For some of you, if you have seen one adoption blog to China you have seen them all. Big Ben, Parliament...right?
I hope to capture that raw emotion that we experience on this trip. This is how I will share with her in the future. People keep telling me to "have fun" in China. There is so much emotion that goes into an adoption trip, yes happiness but also guilt, grief, anxiety, and sadness. o much of this comes home too, it does not end when we arrive home.
I am not aiming for fun but memorable...
8/15 Flight to Beijing
8/15-8/19 Touring in Beijing
8/19 Flight to Guangzhou
8/20 Meet Evelyn Ying Yi
8/23 Orphanage Visit
8/27 US Consulate Appointment
8/28 Train to Hong Kong
8/29 Fly home
Jim and I are both in a good place...expectations are out the window.
As for big brother...he knows something is up!
I’ve Never Been Here Before {my book}
1 year ago

4 comments:
Hi Jackie, I know you understand what is coming, which is such a great mindset to have. I was semi-clueless, so it was a huge clash from what I "planned". You know to plan nothing, I applaud you! Adoption is gritty and the wounds are sore for a long time, but starting the journey is a huge step. Enjoy the time with just the three of you and your group. I think having other people that are going through the same thing is SO helpful, compared to Korea where I felt so alone in a 2 bedroom hotel room. Best wishes and keep posting! Go get your girl!
So happy that your day is finally around the corner! Good luck! Can't wait to read all about it!
I do hope you have fun when you tour but yes, collect the raw emotion. I can still read the blog entries I wrote in China and cry remembering how hard it was. It is so so hard and it will be so different than when you brought P home. We are all thinking of you and praying for a smooth transition!
I always laugh when people ask us about our vacation to China. Vacation...no. Fun...no. A trip of a lifetime with unforgettable memories...yes! Looking forward to reading your blog every day!
Post a Comment