Sunday, August 26, 2012

The Last Few Days

Our last couple days have been free days and they have involved sightseeing to Six Banyan Temple, the Chen Family House, a night cruise on the Pearl River, and the Canton Tower. Although we are enjoying our time in China, Evelyn's grieving is exhausting. In order to sleep she needs to be in constant motion so we have ben taking turns pacing with her. She does not feel comfortable walking on her own or sitting in a high chair' and since she is still not super thrilled with dad, that means I end up carrying her the majority of the day.

She feels most comfortable in our hotel room and will leave the safety of my lap to explore, but only in 5 to 10 minute increments. She's allowing Jim to play with her and feed her while being held by me and has even allowed him to pace her to sleep.

We have our US Consulate appointment tomorrow to obtain Evelyn's visa and we also have a very important shopping trip to find Parker some trains. Tuesday afternoon we will take the train to Hong Kong and Wednesday morning we have our first flight on the journey home.

http://db.tt/CdzPHbGJ

6 comments:

Aj Robinson said...

Jim & Jackie - Thank you. Thank you for sharing your story, your trip, your emotions and your children with us.

As I have told you before, I adore your blog. I adore how loving your family is, how frank your comments can be, how open your hearts are.

I can only imagine the emotions that all of you feel, including Parker. My eyes fill with tears each time I read your blog, my eyes weep with empathy and joy for you. I hope for a grieving and attachment period that is as painfree and uncomplicated as possible. I pray for complete hearts, open arms for hugs, and lips for giggles.

I pray for you to have a smooth and safe trip home. I can not wait to meet E and welcome all of you back home. M is waiting (albeit not patiently) for her new girlfriend to play :-) Hugs! ~Aj

Pam said...

Hi Jackie,
I am so happy to see Ev in your arms! She is just so beautiful! I hope the rest of the trip goes smoothly! Have you tried giving her a white little towel to help soothe? That really helped Emma!

Jen said...

This is SO hard. The grieving is terrible to watch, yet necessary. I hope that a bit of rest comes soon for all of you. I was horribly home sick for my oldest when I was in Korea, and I was in tears frequently! You know that there is light at the end of this tunnel Jackie, you can do it!

Brendan and Melissa said...

I can't get over what a cutie-pie she is!!! I have so enjoyed seeing your updates and new pictures this last week!

I had a velcro-baby, too. It was exhausting... Although I don't think that word even does justice to what you're feeling. Remember it's only for a season. (Maybe you don't need the reminder, but I sure had a hard time seeing past our current circumstances!) I never could have envisioned the independent, little girl we would one day see!

Hang in there and enjoy all that you can! I'll be praying for you these next few days!

Melissa

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

Loved the Six Banyan Temple... she sounds she is bonding nicely... don't worry dad... your turn will come ;) Been there, done that :)

Kelli said...

Hope your journey home is safe and uneventful! I know you know this, but the grieving is good and I hope you all get some rest. You are an amazing mama...thinking of you!