One more day of work, which made me realize, our lives are about to change forever. No, I am not dwelling on the fact that we will be responsible for someone else's life and that our priorities are going to change. We were well aware of those facts when we submitted our application to our agency, we made a decision to not start this journey until we felt ready.
What I mean is that we are never going to blend in again, people are always going to be aware of our decision to adopt, people may judge or question us, feel pity for us, and some may never understand. Jim and I have made a personal decision, one that is the best for for us. That being said, I could not be more excited and am always happy to share our journey with others.
I’ve Never Been Here Before {my book}
1 year ago

5 comments:
Jackie! You are on your way to a wonderful thing - motherhood, becoming a family. Nothing else matters and I am so happy to be a part of your process even though we have never met. Can't believe it is happening right in front of my eyes as I read each thought you type...congratulations. Go get that baby, girl, and celebrate some more! I will be celebrating for you!
It is so neat to follow you and Jim through this process! We too are working on adoption and I have had the same thoughts as you. I am certain you will come up with the right words every time needed! Can't wait to see you and your child!!!
Wishing lots of luck as you prepare to meet your son. It will be wonderful and I can't wait to hear all about your journey to Korea. Have a wonderful time. : )
Jackie, I can't wait to follow your trip. Not blending in is a good thing. I know when Sam and I first started dating I felt like people judged us and at the very least noticed us. But now years later I realize that what really makes us stand out is not that Sam is Korean and I am white but that we love each other and were meant for each other despite the fact that we came from opposite sides of the world. Not to mention we don't really notice it anymore if people look at us. If people notice the differences in you guys it is because they won't have noticed that your are at your core a happy family that are meant to be together despite geography. Best wishes for a safe trip and enjoying this moment. Amy (from the BCS SK forum)
Wow, less than one day and you'll be off to Korea.
All the best to the Howell family.
Love,
Aunt Kathy Stemnock
Post a Comment